Monday, February 20, 2006

Training Walk #2

It was at least 15 degrees warmer today and thank the gods of bitter winds for that. My face still ended up bright red and Rudolphtastic but I ended up taking off my gloves when my hands started to sweat. Mmmm sweaty hands. Nothin' hotter.

This time, we stopped at Dunkin Donuts--entirely mom's fault--where mom got a coffee and I got a Gatorade. She then proceeded to spill coffee all over her coat while I chanted Gaaaatorrraaaadde. GAAAAATORAAAADE! We never win the Polite in Public reward. Never ever.



Having gone to good ole Dunkies, we walked home via the short hill--a different route than yesterday. She showed me the monster hill we've decided to put off for now but that'll be a mission someday..... someday.... not today because it's just too cold.

We ended up doing 1.39 miles today, up .28 miles from yesterday. Good for us. But I'm going by my pedometer--which... counts steps-- and it's entirely possible that my Gatorade dance accounted for ... oh, at least .3 miles.

I'm told you have to train for all conditions. I consider "spontaneous dancing" one of those conditions. I like to be prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home