Monday, February 20, 2006

Pardon Me While I Take My Chill Pill and Hop Off The Crazy Train

BAHHHH!

I've had the monster of all bad mornings. I wasn't entirely sure I wasn't at work for the twenty minutes it took me to get the computer to do ANYTHING I asked it to do.

First of all, 3day people, the donation form is damn near impossible to find online. And the few times I did find it, it didn't load correctly. And then the printer had a little hissy fit because part of the form was in color and oh, we don't like color. We're out of colored ink. So instead of printing in black like I asked it, it made unpleasant noises and just... skipped over the colored stuff. Stupid, stupid printer.

Then I get a message from my very kind and much appreciated first donater (Thank you Missy!) saying that her donation didn't show up. sigh. So I read the Donation FAQ's and they say it should post the amount immediately; if it doesn't, call right away. So I called. And the chick said, "Yeah, it takes about 24 hours to show up." But... the website says... "No, it takes about 24 hours." sigh... again.

AND THEN, I get to my mom's school to use the copier and can't figure out the damn form. What exactly is the "Supporter ID"? The lady on the phone made it sound like it was a number for donaters but the form makes it look like MY number and should I be making copies of this if the supporter ID should be different for each donater? But that doesn't make sense because I understood that once we EVENTUALLY get our packets (and by the way, I'm a little cranky I haven't received that yet) there is but one donation form included for to be photocopied and distributed as such. So....

WHAT'S A SUPPORTER ID?!

But I didn't have internet access just then to check. That's fine... that's fine because I printed out my business cards, tried to cut all five sheets at one time--to make them even--and destroyed the whole lot of them.

And that, my friends, is when I had a little mini-meltdown. I had to leave the room before I morphed into Angry Hulk Girl and SMASHED COMPUTER! SMASHED PAPER! SMASHED PAPERCUTTER! RAWWRRRRRR! GRRRRR!

And then as soon as I could breathe again, I had an epiphany... This is how perfectionists feel. They try so hard to get things absolutely perfect that any mistake, no matter how tiny, is amplified by the INSANITY that is perfectionism. So I reminded myself that I am not, in fact, a perfectionist. I am an adapter. I can fix this as I've fixed the million other things I've screwed up before. And if the cards aren't all the same size... who cares? And if they're different colors? Variety is the spice of life. Gimmee them eggs; we's gonna make an omelete!

I almost never get that insane about projects. Clearly, I care quite a bit about this one. But that's a post for another day.

For now, I've got 25 donation forms--sans color--and 70 some odd cards. Two more things to check off the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home