Saturday, February 18, 2006

Pretty pretty pink paper

Trusty notebook, I'm so glad I brought you. I just wrote 4 pages of notes. Granted, it's a small notebook but I wrote small too so... it counts. Let me just ... move the margins out and increase the font a bit and then it'll almost be about 5 pages.

P.S. Speaking as a former writing teacher, that never works. And it's annoying. And I used to lower the Annoy the Teacher with Stupid Things grade when I saw extra big margins.

Anyhoo, I got a lot of great tips from the veteran walkers, mostly about blisters and shin splints and something absolutely horrible called "black toe" wherein the... toenail turns black and falls off. Yeep. Be that as it may, I am not duct taping the entirety of my legs--no matter how pretty this season's pink duct tape is--because I like my skin firmly attached to my body, thanks. And I realize it's jumping the gun a bit to start making a Pack List but hey, ain't nothin' wrong with being prepared. They're just notes, kids. My follow-through isn't that efficient.

My fundraising To Do list, however, has grown exponentially. I have a lot of fantastic ideas written down and not even remotely enough time to do them all. There's a bonus prize if you get to $500 in donations in your first 60 days but I... don't see that happening. This website is still in the realms of the secret. I'm waiting for the banner before I start publicizing. And I haven't written a letter yet and I need to get paper to put it on and the business cards I made look great on the computer but printing them in color could be a challange and... and... and.... OH THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO!

And I really need to make myself a training schedule. Theirs doesn't really fit in to my life... in any way at all. And you know what, I'm gonna have to "cross-train" three times a week instead of one because... I'm also in training for my next belt test which should be sometime this summer and walking isn't going to improve my scissor kick. Lack of gravity might... but that's hard to come by. Curse you, gravity!

I talked to Sheri, the woman from the message boards I emailed about training walks. She told me her team, Breast Foot Forward, was looking for more members. Originally, I had thought I would prefer to do this thing alone but... well, first of all, these ladies tend toward the sassy and I dig that and secondly, having help would be beneficial. Because I lose stuff. And forget stuff. And get too inwardly focused sometimes. It would be nice to have team members to back me up when I inevitably spaz. Their first training walk is probably next weekend. I'll go to that and see if I mesh with the ladies. If so, I think I'll join. Nothing keeps you moving like a group of singing ladies walking next to you... except giant monsters with sharp sharp knives. But considering the safety precautions this event takes, I'm thinking there won't be any.

The mission for today is paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home