Sunday, February 26, 2006

Of Snow and Wine

Oh I had PLANS yesterday. I made a list. I made a tentative schedule. I GOT UP AT 7AM on a SATURDAY! Oh but the best laid plans... sometimes kill bunnies even when you love them enough to SQUEEZE REAL HARD!

I was exhausted Friday night. This training schedule will not do. No, no. Must find another way. So I went to bed around 9:30pm Friday night instead of working a few hours like I had planned because frankly, a biography of Johannes Kepler ain't interesting enough to keep me awake. Instead, I woke up at 7am Saturday morning, quite literally rolled out of bed for those good ole 20 pushups (which looked a lot like 10 that particular morning. hmmph.) and shuffled down to the laundry room--I mean "my office"--to see what Johannes was up to. I worked for a good three hours, finished transcribing the Index (because the body wasn't boring enough) and psyched myself up for a training walk.

Wouldn't you know it, it started SNOWING the second I hit "Save" and did not relent until... actually, I don't know. I left the state.

Because, you see, I thought at first "SNOW CANNOT STOP ME!" and I began to layer on clothing like I was... angry with my roommate and wanted revenge.

But the snow, it kept fallin'. And harder. And sticking to the ground. And that's when I called Nell.

Nell said she'd walk with me if I wanted to drive down to CT a bit early and run errands with her for her wine tasting party. AND that it wasn't snowing down there. So I, with my 8 layers and Pa, with his pipe settled down for a long winter's drive through the trailers to a snow storm and some We ain't in Kansas winds.

After some Subwaylicious lunch, Nell and I walked through a sad little snow shower down the pier, past some snuggley birds, over LOTS of bird poop and as a bonus, got to see a swan run on water. Swans are like dragons when they fly. I don't know if you know that. Their wing span is intimidating and the sound of their flapping could startle the villagers from half a mile away. We also made friends with some birds--Chevy and Bill and Clarence to name a few--and heard live music from... somewhere inside a building. It was a good walk. It was about a mile once we got back to the car.

Yes, I realize at this point I should be doing more but... it was cold out, man. COLD.

I was supposed to do a training walk this morning but I kinda got stuck in CT. Couldn't quite wake up in time.


Can't imagine why ...

I did however, get some donations from a few of the loverly people at the party:

Like Dee (please pause to notice Nell's askew shirt because it will embarass her),And Sandy and Marty who are also way better at opening wine than... me.

So thank you, loverly people! Your donations will go into the cash jar until I figure out how to count cash as a donation.

Until then... maybe I'll try to hop on the treadmill later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home