Thursday, February 23, 2006

DONATION INFORMATION: Facts to Know and Love

Dear Wendy,

How do I know you're not a big ole scam and just collecting money to enhance your own breasteses?

Sincerely,
A. Fictional Character

Dear A.,

First of all, my breasteses are just fine the way they is, thanks. But you bring up a good point, and that point--as I interpret it--is that I need to explain the whole "donation" thing a little better.

For the record, YOUR DONATION IS NOT PER MILE... unless you'd like it to be 'cause, hey, I'd take it. No, no, it's a one-time deal. But feel free to donate again in a couple months. And then again right before the event. I need everything I can get folks!

Donating online (HERE) is the quickest and easiest way to go. You can use your credit OR debit for one lump sum or up to 4 monthly donations. After you donate, you'll receive an email receipt that can be used for tax purposes! Weee!

ALSO if you donate online, your name gets added to the funtime donor scroll on the DONATION page. You'll be famous. To... me, anyway.

Donating by check is only slightly more complicated. On the DONATION page, click on the donation form link and print out your very own form. (FYI: One check per form!) Make the check out to "Breast Cancer 3-Day" and include my name in the memo section just in case it gets separated from the donation form. If you include your email address on the check, you'll receive an email receipt! If not, you'll have to call to request a receipt at 800-996-3DAY. Any donation of $250 or more will automatically receive a mailed receipt (as well as a dance of joy and possibly a box of cookies from me!)


Donations should be mailed to:
Breast Cancer 3-Day
7610 Paysphere Circle
Chicago,IL 60674-7610

The 3-DAY asks that you do not mail them cash. But hey, I'll take it. Next time you see me, throw a couple bills my way and I guarantee a dance for you.

All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The tax ID number for the Breast Cancer 3-Day is 23-7825575.

For American Express cardholders: Kintera, the database provider for the 3-Day, has partnered with American Express to provide a special offer for 3-Day donors. When someone makes a donation online using their American Express Card, AmEx will make an additional contribution to the 3-Day's general fund. Please note that this additional contribution does not go towards a participant's individual fundraising balance.

More than 200,000 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in the United States this year and more than 40,000 American women and men will lose their lives to the disease. One woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 3 minutes. Every 13 minutes, the disease claims another life in the United States.

So please donate. Big or small, I'll take whatever I can get. And don't forget to tell your friends because you never know who's been affected by breast cancer and what they're willing to do to see it beaten down and smashed to bits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home