Friday, February 24, 2006

Awesome Fighting Ninja Robot Force

There's a bucket by the door at my house for shoes. This is how lazy we are. Instead of putting them in our closets and putting some thought into what shoes to wear BEFORE we're half-way out the door, we... leave them in a bucket.

Or on the floor by the bucket. That's how lazy *I* am.

This morning, I noticed that both pairs of my almost identical sneakers had been haphazardly kicked toward the bucket and lay less in pairs than in a very cozy little mess of laces and tongues and ... oh my, this is going in the wrong direction. Point being... if one pair weren't startlingly white and other dingy gray (and I guarantee if I keep wearing them to work, the former will become the latter) then I might have put on one from each pair.

Now, if they were identical, maybe this wouldn't be such a big deal. Same size, same style, same price, same laces. But, I can't break up a team like that! It's not right! Shoes gotta stick together!

And then I realized that I had yet to name the old pair. What kind of teamwork could I expect from a pair of unnamed shoes?

So, having named new pair Captain and Tennille, a 70's pop reference, I decided that for the sake of cosmic balance I had to go with a modern pop reference. I considered quite a few alternatives in the minute and a half it took for me to put my shoes on (KC and Jojo? No. MaryKate and Ashley? Definately not. Luke and Lorelai? When are those two gonna get it together already?!) before I decided on Turk and J.D.

I've been watching a lot of Scrubs lately.

Still, I think it's perfect. Captain & Tennille and Turk & J.D. My next mission is to buy us all Best Friends Forever bracelets that, when combined, form an awesome fighting ninja robot force.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home