Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Out Like a Lamb

Oh April, you saucy minx, why must you be so fast and loose with your vacations and your MA-only holidays and you're.... no, it was mostly the vacation.

I've been slacking in the fundraising department. May is NEXT WEEK and I'm still not half-way to my goal. Not that I'm complaining about $800! $800 is grrrrreat! And I'm so impressed with and gratefull to the people who stepped up and donated--especially more than once.

But $800 ain't the goal, kids. It's time to get moving.

The mom and I have been trying to plan a yard sale but with me being on vacation and so very much not at home all last week, the preparations are far from made. Apparently, the local paper wants $25 for a three day ad (pah-shaw to that, I say) so the signage will have to come from our own two.... four hands. And that hasn't been done yet. Beyond that, there's been no invading of the storage space (I haven't seen that crap since I moved here 2 years ago--how important can it be?), there's been no organizing of the things we "put aside for the yard sale", there's been no thought as to pricing, as to set up, as to cash box and change, as to... time or day.

This is the worst yard sale ever. It'll be a couple of old shirts and one of my dad's broken lawnmowers sitting on my front yard while the mom picks weeds and I play video games. Oh sad yard sale!

I've also neglected the donation letters, which are fantastical by the way and fully deserve some monetary recognition. But I haven't gotten my address list together yet. And the envelopes I bought are wrong and bad. And there are pins. And ribbons. And I'm just so busy that I can't... possibly... get everything... done.

And this after I decided yesterday that I want to take ballroom dance classes. I'm such a hobby whore.

Tonight, I have karate but TOMORROW! Tomorrow, at the very least, I will BUY NEW ENVELOPES that actually fit the donation forms. And I will ATTEMPT TO STUFF THE ENVELOPES! although I'll probably need some help. And I will.... GET ON THE TREADMILL TOMORROW MORNING!

Nah, that won't happen. I think I hate the treadmill. I think I'll have to name it Lucifer and burn candles around it to protect myself from its evil influence.


Look at her pretending to be happy. You're not happy, lady. You want to be outside! You want to take control of your life back from the treadmill demon! The power of Christ compels you! The power of....

What?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home