Friday, August 04, 2006

Pre-Show Jitters

I truly believe that cats have the innate ability to discern when you're in a hurry and to know exactly where it is you need to go so that they can get right in your path and trip you while they laugh at how trivial your life is. I'd like to thank my cats for being jerks all morning and totally getting in my way.

I'm stuck in that place of frantic energy. I know I've forgotten everything important and yet both of my bags are way too heavy. I just heard a weather report that's almost opposite of everything I've heard in the past 5 days (RAIN?! WHAT?!?!) and I'm... all sorts of nervous.

The good is that I awoke to the sound of Conan O'Brian interviewing Steve Carrell and I thank them both for being the only reason I woke up at all. 4am is EARLY. Unpleasantly so. But here I am, all decked in my 3DAY gear--which is, by the way, the least comfortable of all of my gear--and waiting for Niki to pick me up. By the way, SO grateful to Nik for this ride (and this after she performed MARVELOUSLY in a play last night) and not just because it means that I don't have to pay $50 for parking but also because being home all alone(with only the cats to trip me and get in the way), I think I'm extra crispy nervous. At least this way, I'll see a friendly face before I ... walk myself to death.

I am really very nervous. 3 Days is a long time. 60 Miles? That's a lot. Port-o-pottys?! Oh god, why did I agree to this?!

Now seems like an excellent time to recheck everything. In fact, every second until Nik gets here seems like an excellent time to recheck everything.

Wish me luck, kids. And good weather. And... safety. And perserverance. And maybe a dictionary because I think I spelled that wrong. Oh but if you could just... hold on to that dictionary for me... I think my bag's too heavy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home