Sunday, July 30, 2006

And this Paddle Game and This Lamp and That's ALL I Need

Ouch. I spent some cash money this weekend. I perused my list of needed things and the empty boxes outweighed the checks. So I went shhhhhhopping.

Things purchased:

--one sports bra just like the last one because I approve of it's core technology something something that keeps moisture away from the... whatever
--a digital sports watch with built-in alarm clock (oh I love two-fer)
--a two pack of disposable cameras which... clearly is not enough
--green flip flops for my "shower shoes"
--a flashlight
--a small, lightweight change purse for mydentification so's I don't have to carry around the heavy wallet
--a pretty ring that I didn't so much "need" for any particular reason other than ... that it was pretty
--the official registration shirt and a 3DAY bandana which have yet to arrive
--vitamins which have been running low so I... haven't been taking them. genius, I know.
--... there must have been more. I spent ah lot of money this weekend. I mean other than the $28.76 in gas and the accidental purchase of the Chronicles of Riddick which, by the way, was 3 movies for the low low price of $14.99 and I enjoyed every second of them. Every second Vin Diesal wasn't speaking, that is. He needs some serious speech classes.

Anyhoo, I think I'm just about ready. Niki lent me a sleeping bag and duffel and like a good monkey is driving me to opening ceremonies on Friday. The parents have been given instructions on how to find closing ceremonies. I have just about everything I need... I think. More disposable cameras, maybe. My aunt suggested vaseline for my feet. Maybe some Pepto pills just in case...

And no, I didn't walk this weekend. I was going to but... it was hot. And I figured, no amount of walking this weekend is going to prepare me for next weekend. I just gotta do it.




P.S. Now would be an ideal time to pray to the weather gods for no record-breaking temperatures, heat waves, thunder storms or good old fashioned New England-quality humidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home