Thursday, August 10, 2006

Day Two in Pictures--Part 1

Day two's route began a little something like this... Oooh, pretty, right? NO! Full of bugs and lacking in safety patrols. I was not friends with Day two.





For one sweet moment before we entered the Blue Hills Reservation, we saw all the sweep vans lined up. Oh man, I missed them on the trail.


So much so that I took two pictures:


Here's the beginning of the trail, and my tentmate (in the sassy hat) who didn't quite understand my "I'm taking my sweet time today so I don't hurt myself" approach. Why she didn't just go find her friends and leave me alone, I'll never understand.
Because she did get frustrated with me, oh yes, especially as the trail turned to rocky hills and my feet turned to jelly.

And this is what I spent the rest of the morning looking at:



So I stopped at Pit 1 and took a very long break.



Which was sort of necessary considering the potty line:



And what do Wendys do when they're bored and have a camera?


There they are, Divide and Conquer. Don't be fooled by the appearance of feet inside those sneaks, however. I assure you they are filled with the smelly oozing goo that my feet became once the bones mutinied and took off for the nearest margarita bar. I'm guessing that's why my feet still hurt. They're boneless. Gotta find that margarita bar and coax them out of their drunken stupor so I can actually catch my train on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home