Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend Activities

Honestly, I had no intention of walking yesterday. It was an errand day and three hours for an oil change kinda cuts into your weekend, you know what I'm sayin'? Besides that and some overtime for work and some laundry, some cat duties (and doodies), cleaning and financial maintenance, I really didn't think I'd have much time for walking.

Sometime around 6ish, though, I got on the stationary bike because I still believe that it's not really exercise if you're sitting down. I did about half an hour--wearing the new pants, sports bra and Dry-Core technology shirt I had just bought myself at Target--and once I finished, I thought, Well hell, I still got plenty of daylight; I'll do a mile and be back before the sun sets.

Now mind you, non-New Englanders, that it was raintastic yesterday. The kind of rain that sounds like an apocalypse when it beats down on the roof of Target, scaring children and old folk alike. So yes, it was getting dark around 6 o'clock in mid-July. But I went anyway and the air was perfect: breezy, cool, wet without being sticky. And having walked for about half an hour--and a little over a mile--I did get home just as it was getting too dark not to be wearing anything reflecty.

The walk itself was mostly uneventful. I was already adrenaline a'pumpin so it wasn't even like work. The new pants were lovely and the shirt--although I sweat right through it on the stationary bike in the attic of our humid house--was thin enough to let the air right through it outside. The bra was still a bit less... supportive than I would have liked. Most of them are. But that's a rant for another day.

The only excitement came in the form of a drive-by 'Hey Baby'ing I got from a group of passing boys. Not that I heard the entire phrase, since the car was passing at about 40mph but I certainly did hear the '--eyyy Baaaaaab--" part and the "WOOOOO!" as they sped away. I blame the unsupportive bra.


Having just had breakfast about 20 minutes ago, I'm thinkin' I'm not quite ready to venture out yet today. But there's no sun that I can see so burning won't be an issue today. I'll still trying to figure out a route, too. I really don't want to do laps at the park--especially since this is the time of day for soccer games. Maybe I'll wander through the cemetery again. Maybe walk--very alertly--past the golf course (since the last time I did, I nearly got hit by a stray ball). I'm going to try VERY HARD not to go to Dunkin Donuts, though. The 3DAY tips email I received yesterday was adamant about how bad caffeine is for you. I disagree. But if I'm not so much going to be walking that weekend with a medium iced caramel coffee cooling my hand, I should probably train without as well.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Miss Wendy, Try www.athleta.com for supportive sports bras. I've bought other stuff from them before and it's fabulicious. It's obviously too close to 3DAY for ordering now, but you know, for the future 'n' stuff.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks! It is a little late for the walk but I'll have another belt test in the next 6 or so months and that dragon will be easier to slay without bounce issues. Damn you jumping jacks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home