Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Give Me Your Money, I'll Give You.... This Old Shoe!

Preparations Have Begun, children, for the 3DAY Weekend o' Money Grubbing EXtravaGANza!

The mom brought home some poster-making supplies and made a prelim poster for this Sunday's yard sale (from 9 to 3 on South St. in Northboro in case you want any of my old useless crap!) which I'm not really expecting to yield much in the way of profits so much as... clean out my storage unit so I can stop paying rent on it.

Mom's already started gathering crap to sell AND pricing it--she's so on top of this yard sale--whereas I... have a vague notion of what area of the house the stuff I want to sell might be in. I did, however, pay the storage rent a ... wee bit later than usual but hopefully in time to remove the overlock they put on when you consistently pay late (which is entirely their fault for not sending me bills and just expecting me to remember the due date and fee and... unit number and whatnot) so that I can actually open it and take out the crap that hopefully I will sell.

Weatherman says it'll be hotter than the blazes of hell on Sunday so we're already trying to scheme a way to have the yard sale in the side yard where the cool tub is (ie., the redneck hottub hooked up to solar panels that sit partly in shade) so we can take yo money from the comfort of underwater. It could work.

Also, the PINS have come in for the paying party goers at Mrs. Nikirific's Luau Cookout on Saturday! Not many people have RSVPed to the online invite so yeah, I'm a little nervous that the donation bucket will be awefully empty but I don't know how many people have RSVPed to Nik directly so... what do I know? Nothin'? Sounds 'bout right.

I'm not quite sure when I'll have time to walk, though. That's a drag. I kinda... need the practice, you know. Maybe I'll do some laps around my house if the yard sale's slow.

For the moment, I'm not thinking too far beyond the weekend but at some point I'm gonna have to figure out how to GET TO the event. And where to park my car if I drive myself. And how to get back there at the end. And where the cheering sections are so I can invite people to yell at me and throw rocks or whatever. And get the rest of the "supplies" they say I need but seem to have plenty of in the Med tent.

Yeah, no, I don't want to think about that stuff yet. I'm gonna get through the weekend first.

So... come to my yard sale. Buy my old crap. Support boobs. And Jimmy.... don't be a hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home