Thursday, June 29, 2006

Do Your Own Walkin'

In the process of begging for money, I've talked to quite a few people who've said things like, "Yeah, I've always thought about doing something like that but I really didn't think I could raise that much money." Or "I can't walk THAT far!"

So I present to my internet public a safe and easy alternative:



The Details:

All ages, non-competitive 3-5 mile walk, depending on the location.

No pre-registration and no registration fees.

"Participants are not required to raise a minimum amount and pledges are made for your participation rather than per mile. ... Money may be turned in at registration."

Proceeds to benefit the American Cancer Society and their 'four-fronted' mission: research, education, advocacy and patient services.




The walks take place in October ALL OVER the country, so I'm sure you can find one near you. The ones nearest me:

10/15/2006 Boston, Hartford
10/22/2006 Providence


And October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, what better way to contribute?



DIY Charity. Do it for the boobies.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The University of Hartford Women's Center is putting together a team for folks in the Hartford area. We offer free team tee shirts and very minimal (about $20) fund raising. If you are interested, please email Jessica at: womenctr@hartford.edu

    Thanks,
    Gail

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool. I was thinking about maybe starting a team but I'm not sure how willing people are to give me YET MORE money and for a much shorter distance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home