Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sunburnt and Fancy Free

YES! I... walked today. WOO! Not far and not for long but boy howdy did I walk!

I determined through other training walks but mostly through treadmill funtimes that I walk about 2 miles per hour. So I hoped to do a couple hours and get up to 4 milesish. It turns out, I walk a little faster than that because I walked for two hours and managed 4.86 miles and that with one stop at Dunkin Donuts for a $1.99 medium iced coffee (with a coupon I got in the mail 3 weeks ago) and a couple short stops for picture taking opportunities.

Now I just have to quintuple that and do it three days in a row.

Yeah, I'm not prepared.

On the plus side, though, my hips didn't start to hurt until about 2 miles in and even then, it was more ache and discomfort than burning fiery pain like last time. Hooray for Ibuprofen. One of my brain puzzles while I was walking (or things I think about to keep my mind off the tired, sweaty, achey, itchy badness) was how often I could dose myself up with that crap for the 3DAY itself. Mr. Doctorman recommended 800 milligrams before I even started and then "redose as needed." Great guy, huh? Very specific. Must be why he hasn't called me back yet. Likes to maintain that mysterious doctorly allure.

Anyhoo, I didn't figure it out. AND I've yet to try the crap my dad got me as a free sample from... actually, I don't know. It arrived one day and he said, "Hey Wen! Look! You can use this!" And there's a crap load too. I'm also thinking about stopping by the pharmacy later and picking up some glucosamine. Honestly, I trust Steve more than the absentee doctor anyway so I might as well try it. It's not narcotic anyway. Herbal supplement, I think he said. Not chemical. No harm, no foul.

Hip hurties aside, it wasn't a bad walk. I did a mile without even thinking about it and didn't really start getting tired until mile 4ish and mind you, that was at 11 when Mr. Sun was nearly overhead and I was starting to regret wearing a dark blue t-shirt and pants ... and hat without a thought for sunscreen at all. Not even on my face. And I always wear it on my face--my moisturizer is SPF 15. I'm a genius.

So yeah, I'm a little sunburnt but I discovered a cemetary I didn't know existed and took a stroll through there. I found a street I've never been on. After driving under it for years and years, I finally got to walk under the "aqueduct." And I got some lovely pictures of some of NoBro's prettiest crap. A good walk, I'd say. Could have been longer... but next time I'll remember the sunscreen and that won't be an excuse.

Now I have to shower the sweat off so I can go see PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN with Niki. Weee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home