Monday, June 05, 2006

Stormy Weather

I been thinkin'.

And I've got a good 15 minutes before my laundry's done so I'm gonna think online. And I'm gonna invite ya'll along for the ride. Fasten those seat belts, children.





As of this evening, I'm getting pretty close to the halfway point on the money-o-meter. About $75ish left? Something like that. And that's great. That's...

Well that's Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

But children... children. Where is the rest of that money going to come from? I have now tapped just about all of my friends and family and while I know, with their very generous and appreciated help, I will find myself well above the halfway point.... I'm not so sure there's another $1,000 out there.

And so we must brain storm!

Yes! With lighting and thunder and tasty tasty brains! AHAHAHAHAHAH!

The GI Janes and I had a wee chat over the weekend--a hypothetical, "wouldn't that be awesome," slightly inebriated chat--about this upcoming cookout. We talked about handprint t-shirts. We talked about wet t-shirt contests (which makes the party slightly less family-oriented than I had planned). We've got the Tiki torches so we could go with the Luau (sans pig roast) that I had originally conceived. But what will draw the people. What--other than free booze provided by yours truly--will convince people to 1) show up, 2) pay the entry fee once they show up and 3) empty their pockets of spare change?

There's also that yard sale thing but the logistics of that are... just painfull. Must chat with the mom and figure that out.

What else? WHAT ELSE?! Is it time to harass the local newspaper? Do I need to stealth some flyers up around town? Should I... start advertising Save a Pair by bedazzling my clothing with the web address?


Any suggestions?

BZZZZZT! Laundry's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home