Tuesday, May 30, 2006

And Then Life Gets in the Way

I push too hard. And then I burn out. About a week and a half ago, I started playing the evil treadmill game again. Only more. And often. And faster. Because man, I wanted to be fully prepared for this belt test.

Oh but then I got sick. And I've been sick since last Wednesday. And I missed class on Wednesday and I couldn't breathe well enough to work out on my own. So now my belt test is 4 days away, I'm at about 60% lung capacity and I'm just so... tired.

Then I get these emails from some of the 3-Day teams I considered joining, talking about training walks and hooray! we're doing 15 miles this weekend! And I can't... get through 7 without getting stiff joints. And June 1 is tomorrow and I'm not even half-way to my fundrasing goal. And I got so many non-3-Day things going on that I can't seem to concentrate on getting all that done.

I'm a little overwhelmed, to tell you the truth. And being sick and exhausted and face hurty is not helping my motivation levels. For now I'm just working on the "If I can just get through this, first" principle.

Get rid of cold.
Take belt test.
Plan cookout and yard sale.
Train, train, train, train.

If I can just get through those first ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home